Sunday, July 26, 2009

What is your view of chiropractic?

Please share your opinions about chiropractic. Those who have experienced chiropractic firsthand or medical professionals who have worked with them.what were your thoughts?
Answer:
I had severe back pain from a car wreck where I fractured my spine in two places. After seeing 4 different physicians, the last one finally told me I would just have to pain pills the rest of my life. Yuk! A friend recommended a chiropractor -- something I had always been against at that point. But, my friend said what do you have to lose. So I went to see the chiropractor. Within two weeks my pain was reduced by at least 50% and after several months, my pain was quite manageable. I now go only as needed and am virtually pain free. I would urge you to use caution when selecting a chiropractor, however. Some seem to have trouble with their scope of practice. Make sure the one you choose has an outstanding "word of mouth" reputation in your community. Best of luck to you.
I had a bad back injury and got referred to my chiro from my physician. I found that it helped a LOT. Great people, very helpful. Always gave me treatments and muscle manipulations that really helped where it hurt the most.
My personal experience has saved me from spinal surgery. I've been going to chiropractors for years and prefer graduates from the Palmer School of Chiropractic. Mainstream doctors often bad mouth chiro's, but don't buy it. Ask around before you choose one, if that's your intention.
I prefer Osteopathy personally,more muscle work than manipulation in my case.
It all depends on the practitioner! My brother was in a car crash and had whiplash, he was told by a consultant that he would always suffer a stiff neck and suffer from pain with it (he couldn't look over his shoulder properly).He went to see a recommended chiropractor who fixed it in one session, there was a misaligned vertebrae. However...I went to see one that was local rather than recommended...big mistake! Not only did he manage to dislocate my shoulder he charged the Earth and shall we say exaggerated how much he had done for you.Yes, I stopped going rather quickly after the shoulder incident.
I absolutely love chiropractic. I am healthier, I have much less muscle/skeletal pain, and I feel better when I am under the care of a chiropractor. It is completely safe, chiropractors attend school just like a regular doctor. It does depend on the individual, but that could be said for any profession/service.
I think that it's a legitimate form of alternative medicine that is very effective. For example, for 15 years, I've had back pain in the center of my spine, tried everything to get rid of that pain, finally went to see a chiropractor, and now I go for regular chiropractic treatments. With each treatment, my back gets better and better and better and based on this, I think that chiropractic care's the best kind of care to seek when one has any kind of a back problem.
I've been seeing one for years. Mine is great. He is very informative about what he is effecting in my body (muscles,bones,etc.) I have neck pain and low back pain. I feel so much better after i go see my Chiro. It does take a while to realign the muscles and bones in your problem areas. When i first started:
2-3 times a week for month,then 1 time a week for a few months,1 time every 2 months or sooner if needed.
I'm also currently going to College to become a Medical Massage Therapist. Chiropractor and Massage Therapists work hand in hand. We both try to achieve the same healing process on/to the body. Good luck!
I love my chiropractor. I had such a bad back spasm last July I left work crying (not something I usually do!). My lowest rib on my left side was slightly out of place b/c of the muscle spasms and it was poking me in my lung. The more upset I got b/c of the pain, the less oxygen I was getting. My mom asked around and got the name of my chiro. He is very good. I go every couple of weeks.I had gone to another chiropractor years ago and he was also very good, but he moved out of state. But some are not as good so get a recommendation from your family, friends or co-workers.
I'm a strong believer in chiropractors, as well as all forms of massage therapy and accupressure. I'm still young, but in recent years have experienced back problems. Visits to the chiropractor definitely helped me. But after awhile, the machines just weren't doing it for me so I went in for an accupressure massage. The therapy is done by pressing certain points on the body to relieve the pain and stimulate the body's natural curing abilities. I was amazed at how much it helped. I haven't needed to go back for follow up visits because I have been pain free for awhile now.

No comments:

Post a Comment