Sunday, July 26, 2009

What pills are better to take if you have ADD?

I currently am using Adderal XR and it has a very negative affect. It decreaes your appetite alot and I still cant focus well. Which pill would you recommend.
Answer:
Hi, yes, there are a number of prescription drugs that are used as ADD treatment, including Ritalin and Adderall, although many drugs prescribed by doctors only tend to mask the symptoms and the problem instead of finding the cause and counteracting it.I have to offer Alternative ADD Treatment.
It is widely believed that ADD is caused by a malfunction in the neurotransmitter in the brain. This is usually caused by a deficiency in nutrients being absorbed by our bodies. Among the natural remedies for attention deficit disorder are Glyconutrients, also known as miracle sugars, which give our bodies the eight essential sugars that are becoming less and less frequent in our everyday diets. These help fight toxins that are on the increase in the atmosphere due to car pollution and air pollution. The advent and increased use of processed foods is stripping our diet of these essential nutrients but by the use of glyconutrients we can help our bodies fight many ailments associated with a lack of nutrients.Glyconutrients can also help with the causes of symptoms of ADD and ADHD by increasing attention span and concentration and decreasing distractibility.
Jason Homan
One of my kids is on Straterra. It is good!
Had a few side affects at first--stomach pain but worked through those in a few weeks--tums helped. No problems now. Really improved focus, grades, quality of life all around.
You can ask your doc about concerta but I wouldnt recommend it.These drugs all eat the lining of your stomach which leads to the stomach pains and eventually alcers. You will be in a bit of disbeleif but NASA has this machine that actually hooks up a PS2 to your brain and actually teaches you how to control your ADD over time. They require you to use it two to three times a week for one to two hours. Only works with racing games. It could be a bit pricy around $500-$650. Check it out.
i actually cut the drugs. i was on ritalin for a while, but i just try to work around it.
I have to agree with Jason Ho - an alternative treatment is best, if you can find one that works - here's another thought. I'm in my 50s and I have ADD. It didn't help much when I was a kid, but now that I'm older, I have learned to use the symptoms to my advantage. - They make me who I am - when I'm on the medications (which is really amphetimine or speed), I feel better, and I think I'm doing better, but there is this part of me that's not there anymore. I quit taking the meds cause that's one part of me (the crazy happy part) i don't want to give up.I think age probably has lots to do with it too. But if you are old enought to make your own medical decisions, consider alternative diets, stay away from long hours of video games, and enjoy who you area.
Glyconeutrients! i strongly agree! do research! it is awesome!! good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment