Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why am I tired and cranky all the time especially between meals,frequently hungry and shakey?

I have all the above symptoms plus i have a hard time completing sentences between meals,I feel sleepy after and inbetween eating,ive tried having a little protein with each meal but still my blood sugar keeps dropping and I keep peeing. WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS?
Answer:
Sounds to me like low blood sugar. I'd recommend getting tested again.
you are obviously a hypoglycemic person with a rapid metabolism. This a potential precursor to diabetes, and if there is a family history of diabetes, you are a prime candidate for developing the disease over time. I urge you to see a Registered Dietician for the best and most accurate information to control your dietary issues.
I am another RN and I totally agree with the first RN. You need to see a doctor also.
you sound like you have the symptoms of low blood sugar. eat a small meal every 2 hours and see what happens. low blood sugar is the opposite of diabetes.
If you suspect that your symptoms described are caused by low blood sugar, it is well worth following the recommendations to see if you feel better. You can get a good indication of whether you could have an adverse reaction to sugar, if you suffer shortly after eating simple sugar or two to four hours after an all-carbohydrate meal. Recommendations -
Eliminate sugar from the diet. This also means no cakes, candies, cookies, ice cream, sweetened cereal, canned fruit, and frozen desserts. In addition, you must learn to read food labels to find hidden sources of sugar. Avoid simple carbohydrates and refined and processed foods such as instant rice and potatoes, white flour, soft drinks, and alcohol.

Eat a diet high in complex carbohydrates and fiber, both of which help to stabilize blood sugar. Try to stick to the most natural, unprocessed form of a food. Eat regular meals at regular times. Don't skip meals. Don't eat late meals. Have protein at both lunch and dinner. Eliminate alcohol and smoking. Limit your caffeine intake to one caffeinated beverage--coffee or tea --daily. Watch out for caffeinated soft drinks and over-the-counter drugs. Eliminate the use of artificial sweeteners. SUPPLEMENTS -
Chromium: the trivalent form in dosages of 100 mcg. 3/a day before meals.
are you getting enough fat in your diet? I used to eat very little fat and had some of the same issues. Shaky and cranky and trouble thinking all point to possible episodes of low blood sugar.
You might want to think about eating several small mini-meals a day or try eating a small whole food snack in between three larger meals to boost your blood sugar (fruit, some veggies, etc.) in between meals.Hope this helps and you feel better soon!
Do you eat/drink ANY DAIRY even SOY?ANY HORIZON PRODUCTS? The foods you are eating could also be contaminated with SYNTHETIC CHEMICALS! Believe it or not.If your taking any VITAMIN SUPPLEMENT many are made with SYNTHETIC VITAMINS! You could be experiencing a CHEMICAL OVERLOAD,it could even be in your water and some Aspartame is in cereals,juices etc, and you don't even know its there! Or the vary things you wash your body with and moisturize with let alone clean with!You could be allergic to Wheat/Grains. YOU NEED TO KNOW!
http://www.mercola.com/2003/mar/26/paste...
http://www.mercola.com/beef/cla.htm...
http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2007/01...
http://www.mercola.com/products/coconut_...http://www.mercola.com/2002/feb/23/vitam...
http://www.mercola.com/2003/mar/26/organ...
http://www.fluoridealert.org/fluoride-fa...
http://www.fluoridealert.org/50-reasons.
Yes it does sound like the symptoms of a hypoglycemic.
Have you ever been on steroids? I came off mine too fast and I had all the symptoms you're describing. I had hypo/hyper thyroid and adrenal shock. The regular doctors I went to said there was nothing wrong. I read and read and that's when I figured out what was wrong. I went to my GP, who is totally open to patients having knowledge... I asked that she do a test to check my amino acids. Not all doctors can run that test. Some doctors don't even know about it. Others get pissed that you have any knowledge. The one that I thought would be low, was WAY below normal, it's taurine. There were others that were low, but that one was vital for blood sugar regulation. I started taking supplements. Go to the health food store and they'll have a book with a whole section about amino acids. I started to get better and then I went to a doctor who practiced a technique that is not very well known and within a couple of months he had turned my life around. Check out this sight and you can find a doctor in your area. I didn't take any drugs, just some supplements. I also tested negative for diabetes. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment