Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why does anti-depressants make you gain weight?


Answer:
Not all people taking anti-depressants gain weight. For me, it was just the opposite. I completely lost my appetite after starting a regimen of Zoloft. That was 6 months ago, %26 I still haven't felt hungry since. Eating has become a chore for me; just like brushing my teeth %26 doing the laundry.Some people do gain weight, however. This is because anti-depressants (or SSRIs) affect your brain chemistry. The effects these have on people are unique to each patient.Hope this helped you out!
the drugs change your bio-chemistry.
the truth!! it relaxes you and makes u want to eat like zanax u are calm and loving and all u want to is eat so try to eat vegs nad fruits
I'm not quite sure, but if you are looking for one to help you LOSE weight, try Wellbutrin. I dropped down from 155 to 118 on that medication. I suddenly had more energy to get up and do things, and I think there is also something chemically that alters your appetite.My friend took it for awhile too and ended up at a size 0. But just for the record, I don't condone taking it purely for the purpose of weight loss.
it depends on the anti-depressants not all cause one to gain weight. St. Johns Wort is an anti-depressant herb.. it didn't cause me to gain weight! In fact I lost weight using it! Peanuts are an antidepressant and so is chocolate and same for Cinnamon! I sure like cinnamon on toast using brown sugar not white. White isn't good for you! When I'm really depressed I polish off a jar of Peanut butter! Sometimes add jam or brown sugar to the peanut butter.
Allapathy meds like Zoloft or prozac change the brain chemistry the body compensates and becomes fat!
it slows down your metabolism and stimulates your appetite.
look in to , st, johns warts an or SAM-e.it is better for you, natural
They don't make you gain weight. They can cause you to be a little hungrier now and then, but, you do not have to eat just because of that. They can cause you to relax and to not think about how you will gain weight if you EAT all you feel like eating. Still, antidepressants do not make you gain weight. You cause yourself to gain weight, if you do, while on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment