Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Will 5 htp cause you to have the giggles for no reason for 10 or15 minutes.?

I have done this twice this week,and laughed so hard i was crying.
Answer:
How much are you taking? You can overdo it. You should stop for a while. normally its a few days on and a few days off. Do you need 5HTP? or are you experimenting.
I don't understand what htp is to know if I have experienced it.
Serotonin syndrome can cause a 'happy drunk' state, which leads to headaches and then other potentially life-threatening symptoms.Are you taking a prescription medicine with the 5-HTP, or taking other supplements such as SAMe or St. John's Wort? If you start getting headaches, you may want to stop taking the 5-HTP.
What is 5 htp?
I tried that 5htp, I felt great, but I gained 10 pounds in two weeks.
I like the fish oil too, that supposed to even out moods or something.
5htp does stuff to serotonin in the brain and can cause sever reactions when taking an ssri. you said you were on one and just went off so you could be having something going on in your brain. the ssri's over time (like a year) will make changes in how your brain reacts to serotonin. when you go off an ssri you have to wean yourself off it and so if you went cold turkey and then started taking 5htp that is a big no no and you should talk with your pharmacist or doctor about it. your doctor should be able to give you samples to get you through the weaning process then 5htp would be good just don't take it when you haven't adjusted off the antidepressant. and the reason I can say this is I almost killed myself. I was on paxil for a year (another ssri) and took a supplement that was for stress that had an ingredient in it that helped with serotonin production and I started getting suicidal tendancies. I recognised it though and stopped right away but never take a supplement without researching it first and what the interactions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment