Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Whats the best way to get rid of a cold?

I've had a cold for 2 days now, and i hate it. Is there any thing that can really help? I tried taking these herbal tablets, but idk if that really help to much. Any ideas to help with my cold?
Answer:
Try:Airborne which will also help with energy and so boost the immune system to fight the cold...if that is what you have and have read the box concerning those who are pregnant and people who take other meds. It says to take at the first sign of a cold but it helped me get over a cold faster.Lots of fluids that don't contain caffeine (dehydrator)
Healthy foods including homemade soup, bananas, apples, citrus, peaches for the queasy stomach.Also, Zicam products don't taste the best but have helped my hubby and I get over a cold faster. I've heard they sell a swab now also but haven't had a cold since they came out with it.There is a saying ~ starve a fever feed a cold. I don't know about the fever part but know the cold part is true. If progress isn't made it's more than a cold.
cold fx, a new canadian product out on the market...works awsome
rest. steam inhalations with eucalyptus oil added. Also a brew of ginger, garlic and honey. then go to bed and wrap up warm. you're body will sweat it out. Drink plenty of water.
Stay in bed and get plenty of rest, lots of fluids (drink lots of water, stay away from juices - they're high in sugars which can give you diarrhea). I like Tylenol cold and flu liquid. It makes you sleep without the "hangover" effect.Hope you feel better!
Hi Gizmo_jenna.
鈥?Take vitamin c tablets. They are good to help boost your immune system.
鈥?Pour lemon juice and honey in to a small cup. Mix it up together. Take various tablespoons of the remedy through out your day. Repeat this process on a daily basis until you feel better.
鈥?Prepare your favorite tea but replace the sugar with honey.
鈥?Prepare a lemon tea by boiling half of the lemon in to two cups of water. Once the tea is prepared, sweetened with either sugar or honey.
鈥?Cook your favorite soup but make sure you add garlic to help fight the microbes.
鈥?Chicken soup will help ease the symptoms and relieve stuffiness.
鈥?Drink lots of fluids. This helps loosen the phlegm.
鈥?The Zinc vitamin can help boost your immune system.
鈥?Take hot showers to alleviate stuffiness.
鈥?Take over the counter drugs such as Tylenol and aspirin to relieve any body aches associated with the cold.Important: This is not medical advice, the person taking any of this home remedies should ensure that he/she is not allergic to any of the products.If the cold persists more than several days 3-10 then it would be advisable to consult a physician
Jason Homan
Try the natural remedies.As much as possible, avoid coming into close contact with infected persons, especially if they cough or sneeze.A person with a cold is extremely contagious: He or she fills the air with fine particles of saliva or mucous which transport the virus microbe. Even if the person is careful to wipe his nose with tissue or a handkerchief, the microbes will be transported to his hands. And studies have shown that these viruses are transmitted through hand contact. So if you have to shake hands with someone who has a cold, you would better wash soon after!What can you do if you do catch a cold?
It is useless to take antibiotics: They have no effect on viruses. However, there are certain substances found in alcohol which help decongest sinuses, that is why a good hot toddy can work wonders. But take care of your liver: A toddy is just as good with a little rum as with a lot.You don鈥檛 have to get drunk to get better. You don鈥檛 even have to drink it - just sniff some strong alcohol like cognac or brandy and breathe in the fumes.Hope this helps, Good Luck.
When I have a cold or when I'm starting a cold this is what I do:Drink lots of Orange Juice (even if I have to struggle)
Take Tylenol
Sleep with my head propped up for elevation
Constantly blow my nose
Wash my hands after blowing my nose
Sleep as much as I canUsually my cold goes away with in a day or two. Sometimes I'm able to catch it when it first appears and able to get rid of it. This past week I have started taking multi-vitamins as well. This past year was the first year I've had a flu shot. I'm have no idea if it's connected or not, but I haven't had a cold this year. Usually I have a few each year.
Zicam Cold Remedy worked for me, use as directed on the box.
Also try airborne, garlic (fresh and pills), steam w/ eucalyptus oil, rest, and plenty of water and stay away from suger and tylonol

No comments:

Post a Comment