Saturday, August 8, 2009

Which essential oils can help with feet?

Any essential or aromatic oils that can benefit foot joints or penetrate the body to help with well-being?
Answer:
I would use Castor Oil. While it is not an "essential" oil persay it works wonders for joints and sprains and tendons. I would research Edgar Cayce and Castor Oil packs. I sprained my ankle once and the castor oil packs took all the pain away and I was back on my ankle in a day. It also works great on the neck and back. Alex
Use essential oils always diluted in carrier oils. Essential oils beneficial to joints would be anything that's either stimulating or cooling, depending what effect you want.
Good for circulation: bergamot, corriander, lemon, sage, bitter orange, thyme, black pepper, cypress, juniper, lavender, rosemary, ginger
anti-inflammatory, cooling: p.mint (very low dilution!), My top oils for painful joints: corriander, cajupt and a drop of mint added if there is inflammation. Carrier oil: (depending also on skin condition) usually grapeseed or olive for added benefit.
You can also try some herbal washings:
http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/treatment/f...

No comments:

Post a Comment