Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What's the best way for an RN nurse to start in aesthetics/spa work?

I'm an RN, and I don't know if I should do the training first (botox/laser/collagen, etc.) , or how well that's respected, or if there's some other way into the business. I'm also a male, which may be a handicap, and I'm not young (I'm 42), though I am not in bad shape (I know that industry is all about appearance).
Answer:
Perhaps you would need to find out about a medical spa curriculum or medical esthetics.I'm not sure if this site will help, but here is a website from the US Occupational Outlook Handbook: www.bls.gov/oco and can type into search 'esthetician' or such and perhaps they would have more links for more information.
I am a RN exploring employment options and training in the same interest areas as you. However, to date I haven't been able to locate any relevant training courses in Australia for botox etc. I have been told that I should explore the beauty industry but to date those courses seen unrelated but would be complimentary to having quals in botox and laser hair removal. I would be interested in keeping touch and perhaps exchange information.beau1959@yahoo.com.au

1 comment:

  1. Your site very useful.
    When I read the article and see a variety, it makes me happy.
    Permission to offer my website,
    A site about botox injections cost

    thank a lot your information
    and thank you very much for I had the opportunity to publish my work. :)

    ReplyDelete